Thursday, February 14, 2008

Updated Arrowhead Video

To watch the video, click on the triangle at the lower left corner of the video screen below text!!

I want to express my sincere admiration for all my compadres in the Arrowhead, and my gratitude for all those who support our habit-- families, friends, volunteers, and sponsors, too of course.

In my attempts to explain this race to others, hard as it may be to believe, I come up short for words. So this year, I decided to try a new way...

The video below was pulled together from the photos and videos that Rick Mangan took (and a small few I did) during the race-- I hope it brings back some quality memories for all and represents the spirit of this awesome event!! It took at least 12 hours to assemble it. We ALL owe Rick HUGE props for his commitment to taking nearly 400 photos during the event. I used around half of them here I think. That's actually a really good success ratio in photography. I did the 'fly-throughs' in Google Earth using a special controller (a Contour ShuttlePRO) that I programmed to make it easier to 'maneuver.' The hills are slightly exaggerated to make them easier to see, and the course isn't exact but you get the idea which is the point.

I have so many things that I've learned from both years-- too many to put into words frankly. I'm trying to follow through with something that didn't pan out last year and publish something special that's (hopefully) worth reading. I have two pieces that I'm working, one is on the experience of racing ultra-distance events, and the other is about preparing for them.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the video! -d2g

TO play the video, click on the screen below:



3 Comments:

Blogger Jane Gabrielson said...

Great video Don! Very clever. It's a wonderful keepsake for those who were there, and a bit of insight for those of us who weren't.

Congratulations to all!

Love,

Mom & Dad

9:44 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

d2g...awesome video, makes me proud to have been a part of the race! Great job out there this year, and great job on the video!

4:05 PM  
Blogger samh said...

Thank you so much for helping us peer into something that is so very foreign to most folks. Your video does a nice job of following the events and shining some light onto the people involved. Thank you!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home